Masquerade (Blue Bloods, Book 2) by Melissa De La Cruz
I received this from Disney-Hyperion for review.
- Mystery continues from book 1
- Travel to Venice! Schuyler searches for her grandfather.
- Much less fashion jargon.
- Awesome masquerade ball. I would love to attend a party anonymously wearing a mask.
- New character Kingsley Martin.
- More Mimi. I’m really not a fan of her, at all.
Overall:I liked this one much better than the first book. I hated the over abundance of fashion jargon in book one. It is drastically reduced in the second book. Thank goodness!
I must squeal about the covers. This cover is particularly awesome because the masquerade mask is very cool. Also, I love the cityscape! I hadn’t realized that they changed with each book. Book 1 was the cityscape of New York City, which is where the story took place. But now book 2 has a new cityscape. It’s Venice, where Schuyler and Oliver travel to find her grandfather Lawrence. The next 2 books have new cityscapes as well. I love it!
I’ll be giving away the four books so far in this series once I’m done with the forth book so stay tuned!
Amazon.com Associate. If you click on my links and purchase something I will receive a very small percentage of the purchase price.